Calling brand new quilters to the wonderful world of quilting! Or if you’ve been dabbling but want to know all the tricks to making your quilts turn out fabulously, this class is for you. From precise piecing to quilting to finishing techniques, you will be armed with a strong foundation to go forward into your quilt adventures!
Our sampler style quilt is designed to give beginner quilters the chance to learn how to sew up several different styles and block techniques.
WE SUPPORT YOU!
The Cloth Pocket Studio is proud to offer an Intro to Sewing course where one will learn:
- How cut precisely using quilting tools
- How to achieve a precise 1/4" seam allowance (and why!)
- How to match points
- The process of assembling rows and blocks into a quilt top
- How to properly baste a quilt
- How to make and sew on binding
- How to make your own quilts from start to finish!
This class will be taught by Niku Arbabi.
The course will take place over three days for three and a half hours each (10 1/2 hours total). It is designed to accommodate 4-8 students.
Prerequisites: One must know how to operate a sewing machine on their own and know basic straight stitches. If you haven't touched a sewing machine in over a year, we ask that you sign up for Meet a Sewing Machine or Sewing 101 first.
Sewing machines can be rented for $5 for the course. It is recommended that you bring a machine if you own one so that you may learn to sew on the machine that you'll be using the most.
Once you've successfully completed this course, you will be eligible to take any beginner sewing class at The Cloth Pocket Studio!
- *1 1/2 yards cotton for back of your quilt
- *1 1/2y cotton batting at least 54" wide or twin size if purchasing prepackaged
- Walking foot to fit your machine (available at Northwest Singer Sewing Center or JoAnn Fabrics)