Knits can be a little scary if you haven't worked with them before, but we're here to tell you...
In this class, one will learn how to:
- Read a knit apparel sewing pattern
- Lay out a pattern on fabric
- Use a serger
- Go over neckline finishes
- Finish a knit seam
- Set a sleeve
- Finish a knit hem
- Make Tilly and the Buttons Coco from start to finish!
This class will be taught by Tessa Gonzales aka @The_Fabricker
The course will take place on one day for four hours total. It is designed to accommodate 3-6 students.
Prerequisites: You need to know how to use a sewing machine on your own and how to successfully sew a straight stitch. It is recommended that you have completed a few woven projects on your own and have recent sewing experience.
(Your pattern will be set aside at the shop a week before class for you to pick up)
Wash your fabric to pre-shrink fabric. Regular cold wash and tumble dry is fine for most fabric, and if wrinkly be sure to press (iron) fabric as well.
Sewing machines can be rented for $5 for the course. It is recommended that you bring a machine if you own one so that you may learn to sew on the machine that you'll be using the most. Sergers will be provided at no cost to the students, but feel free to bring one if you have one!
- Dress with funnel neck + cuffs -2 1/2 yards x 60in OR 3 1/4 yards x 45in
- Plain dress - 2¼ yards x 60in wide OR 3 yards x 45in wide
- Top with funnel neck + cuffs –2 yards x 60in wide OR 3 yards x 45in wide
- Plain top – 1¾in yards x 60in wide OR 2½ yards x 45in wide